We specialise in commercial High Court and Magistrates Court Litigation with the particular emphasis on property related aspects such as Landlord/Tenant related litigation (commercial and /or residential), collections (both High Court and Magistrates Court) and we are particularly experienced in matters concerning Residential Estates and Sectional Title Schemes, and can assist clients from Corporate Governance, drafting of regulatory documentation for Residential Estates and Schemes, and are well versed and experienced to render efficient and effective collections of debtors for any client.
Chris Rooseboom is reputable for his extensive involvement in a diverse range of Residential Estates as well as Section Title Schemes. Such services include advice on Articles of Association and / or Memorandums of Incorporation of Residential Estates and / or Communities, Common Law Constitution, Collection of Levies, High Court and Magistrate Court Litigation related to collection of levies, special levies and/or Penalty Levies, enforcement of Rules of Conduct and the like. He has also successfully completed a diploma in Sectional Title Scheme Management. (UCT).
We have a diverse range of clients, and assist clients with inter alia:
- All aspects related to Landlord / Tenant
- Collection procedures in both High Court and Magistrates Court matters
- Commercial and Residential Evictions and related matters
- Drafting of/and advising on all Residential and Commercial Property Agreements/Leases and related Agreements, Memorandums of Incorporation compliant with the Companies Act of 2008, and drafting and advising on Body Corporate Rules and Homeowners Association Rules
- Advising on disputes on property licenses, rights-of-way, land restitution, property rights
- All conveyancing matters are referred to our highly effective correspondent network, on a fee sharing basis. In the near future all conveyancing and notarial related work will be done in-house only.
Property Related Collections
At Rooseboom Attorneys, we specialise in debt collection and have also specifically focused our expertise to collections related to properties such as Commercial and Industrial Properties, Sectional Title Schemes’ levy collection, Homeowners levy collections and rental arrears collections for both Commercial and Residential landlords.
Levy collection is the biggest headache for any Body Corporate and / or Homeowners Association.
Without the perpetual income of levies, it becomes increasing difficult for a Body Corporate to function effectively and can ultimately result in a situation where:
- Service to the property may be terminated
- Insurance premiums will not be paid
- Maintenance costs may not be met
- Unreasonable increase in general levies are enforced to stay financially afloat
- Special levies have to be incorporated to finance levy shortfalls
- Value of the property or investment decreases significantly as it deteriorates
We have streamlined processes and methods through utilisation of legal Court process to ensure that all outstanding levies, interest, penalties and legal costs are recovered efficiently. We also keep our client’s fully appraised of proceedings, and decision making is in conjunction with our client.
The term civil litigation refers to a legal dispute between two or more parties that seek money damages or specific performance rather than criminal sanctions. This includes:
- Civil Compensation Claims
- Civil Litigation, both High and Magistrate’s Court
- Collections (High Court and Magistrate’s Court)
- Commercial Landlord / Tenant Litigation & Collections
- General Commercial Related Collections
- Insolvency litigation and related matters
- Insurance litigation
- Motor vehicle accident claims and related litigation
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Residential Estate Collections & Litigation
- Sectional Title Litigation & Collections
Commercial / Corporate Law
Commercial Law, also known as Business Law, is the body of law that applies to the rights, relations and conduct of persons and businesses engaged in commerce, merchandising, trade and sales. Commercial Law is the body of law that regulates and develops the business world – contracts, companies, partnerships, insolvency, labour law, tax law, shipping law, competition law and so forth.
As such, it is integrally linked to professional legal practice and the business world, to merges and acquisitions, business schemes and development, national and international trade and dispute resolution.
We accordingly assist various clients, both private and commercial, with an array of services inclusive, but not limited to:
- Association Agreements
- Building Disputes
- Commercial Agreements
- Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Leases
- Drafting Contracts
- Franchise Agreements
- Negotiating Contracts and Settling Disputes
- Partnership / Joint Venture Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Sale of Businesses/Companies/Close Corporations
- Sale or Purchase of Shares/Member’s interest
Debt Collecting & Debt Collection Litigation
We service a wide spectrum of corporate and individual clients in relation to debt collections. We have extensive experience in debt collection which has been gained over the past 18 years, and specialise in this field in both High Court and Magistrates Court related collections
- We utilise the latest legal software to cater for both bulk collection and individual collections.
- Regular detailed monthly reports to clients on matters handed over
- Efficiency and professionalism in handling of matters.
We are well-situated in the Roodepoort, Johannesburg and Randburg jurisdictions.
- We render fast, reliable and efficient services to all attorneys countrywide, who refer correspondent related matters to us for the aforesaid jurisdictions.
- Both High Court and Magistrates Court Litigation referrals are welcome.
- We charge on the applicable Party and Party tariff.
Our firm can assist you in the Notarization and Commissioning by a Notary of all documents, whether for use in South Africa or Internationally. We can assist you with the following notarial services:
- Antenuptial Contracts;
- Drafting of Apostilles;
- Notarization of all documents,
- Cession of Exclusive Use Areas.